Monday, October 27, 2008

Things I don't recommend...

would make a long list, but today at the top of that list is tooth extractions. I just returned from the dentist, a very nice woman in her 50's, with incredible "chair side" manner. She talked me through the whole thing, including the two extra numbing shots she had to give me 'cause I was feeling the pain. Then when it came out I didn't even know it, and she showed me a really long-rooted wisdom tooth with lots of cavity in it. (That's why I had to have it taken out.) After my 100 Baht (about $3.40) Tuk Tuk (motorcycle taxi) ride back to the house, here I am nursing a hole in my head. What a trippy feeling. That's about all I can say about it, besides that I don't recommend it (and maybe a few other things that would gross you out so I'll move on.)

On a lighter note, I spent the morning with the retired guy that's the landlord of the house my friends are renting here. He was nice enough to take me to a village nearby that had row after row of shops under big awnings. They were mostly shops of wood carvings, and I bought a wooden rubiks cube (which I promptly messed up and still can't put back together). The guy's name is Nopohn, and he wasn't very talkative, so once I had exhausted all the conversation starters I could think of (what's your favorite car, do you have a big family, how did you learn English), we were sitting in a quiet car, or walking along the shops in silence. Not bad, though. After an early lunch, he dropped me off right before another huge rainstorm.

That's all I've got for now, until next time,
LC from TH

No comments: